Wednesday 3 July 2013

Welcome

It's the middle of summer, about 25 degrees Celsius outside (close to 80 for my American friends), and I'm starting a fantasy hockey blog. But I know what you're saying: it's like the season is still going, with the draft just completed and free agent frenzy just around the corner. That's why the timing of this blog actually makes perfect sense.

Why a new fantasy hockey blog? Well, this blog might not just be about fantasy hockey at times, but at the very least I can promise you that it will be about fantasy hockey. But a blog like this provides me with the flexibility to make things interesting and more personal on a number of levels.

You can follow me on Twitter (@Ian_Gooding), where I'll provide links to my articles as they are posted. I'll try to provide something on here as often as possible, although with a job and two young sons, I can't promise how often that will be.

If you've stumbled upon this and don't know who I am, I was the former content manager of fantasyhockey.com and more recently have written for Kukla's Korner. I also play in numerous fantasy hockey leagues, and surprisingly only won the one aptly known as the Experts League. I guess that means I usually sink to the level of intelligence of those around me. Just kidding, I play against solid competition in every one of my leagues.

Anyway, welcome to what I hope will be the first of many interesting posts that I hope you will enjoy. For those of you who know me, I will no doubt be providing fantasy analysis of some offseason transactions, including one involving a certain goalie being surprisingly moved from the team I have followed as a long-suffering fan for over 30 years.

- Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment