Thursday 24 October 2013

My Fantasy Team Is More Injured Than Your Fantasy Team

Have a look below, in particular the number of players listed as injured.
 
... and now Cam Ward will be out 3 - 4 weeks with an upper-body injury. Great. Throw my arms up in the air. When will this end? Count 'em up, that's now eight injured players on my roster (although Kris Letang is expected to come off IR tomorrow and make his season debut.
 
Speaking of Ward, part of my strategy to hedge from injuries was to pick up the backups for Ward and Kari Lehtonen. I was forced to use Dan Ellis for about a week and a half while Lehtonen was injured, but at least I had a goalie at the ready. What do you do if the starter AND the backup (Anton Khudobin) are injured? Add third and fourth-stringers Justin Peters and Mike Murphy? Hey, those two are available. So are Carter Hutton and Magnus Hellberg in Nashville, now that Pekka Rinne is out a few weeks.
 
The craziest part? This team is not only 3-0 in head-to-head competition this season, but it is also winning this week. (The non-goalie starters for this team are showing below. To get the team all in one picture meant that the picture would be small and blurry. Maybe I need to take a Photoshop class or something.)
 
I am a little fortunate, though. My opponent this week has his own injury woes, as he has lost the services of Rinne and Loui Eriksson for the rest of the week and perhaps awhile longer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment